What is Flow Wrapping?
Flow wrapping which can also be known as fin seal wrapping and horizontal bagging, is the process of wrapping a product in a clear or printed polypropylene film.
The end result is a flexible package with a crimped top and bottom seal. To put it simply whenever you open a bag of crisps and wonder how they have stayed fresh and kept their crunch, this is down to flow wrapping.
Different packaging materials are used depending on the product. To create a unique design which matches your specific branding, up to 10 colours can be used on the printed polypropylene film; food grade clear films can also be used. Other materials are also available such as; cellulose film and heat, sealable lacquered materials and plastics laminated to paper film or foil.
Examples of Uses
All kinds of food products can be flow wrapped; non-food products include such things as leaflets, booklets, scratch cards, electrical and computer hardware.
Our packaging product range includes
- Bread and Cake Packaging Lines
- Sponge Cake Packaging Lines
- On Edge Biscuit Packaging Lines
- Automatic Packaging Lines for on Pile Biscuit Packaging Lines
- Biscuit Packaging for End of Line
- Packaging and Filling Units
- Multipack Handling Robots
- Vision Handling Units and ABB Flex Pickers
Flow Wrapping Specifications and Requirements
Our KernPack Horizontal Flow Wrapping machine product range caters for a variety of speeds and application requirements:
- Box Motion – speeds from 50 ppm up to 100 in modified atmosphere.
- Intermittent Motion – speeds up to 25 ppm.
- Rotary Motion – speeds from 200 ppm up to 1000 on automatic lines.
- Flow Wrapping solutions for irregular shaped items – various speeds.
For simpler or more complex needs, our in-house experts can help you to find the best packaging machine solution to meet your exact requirements.
Give us a call, we’re always happy to help!